We are currently looking for a Content Development Manager to join our Content Development team in London. If successful, you will be responsible for managing the processes and operations of Hindawi’s Special Issues program, and plays a key role in various other content development activities and projects. Managing a team of Content Development Specialists, the holder of this role will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the successful selection and deployment of Special Issues (including their promotion once published) across our portfolio of relevant journals. The Content Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Content Development strategy – working closely with the wider Journal Development and Researcher & Publishing Services teams to define the future of our Special Issues program and ensure its successful implementation.
Applicants will have a strong work ethic with the ability to handle multiple priorities and respond quickly to changing requirements, as well as be able to always keeps key objectives and targets in mind when carrying out all plans and activities. Applicants should be eminently reliable team players that respond well to a varied workload and are excited about playing a pivotal role in serving our researchers.
Our ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience in scholarly publishing, and an understanding of Open Science and the wider publishing and research landscape.
Assessment and processing
- Oversee the process for assessing submitted Special Issue proposals based on certain criteria
- Work closely with the Data and Operations team as necessary to ensure processes and systems for assessment pipeline are as streamlined and automated process as possible
- Oversee Special Issues assessment process and be primary point of escalation for Content Development Specialists
- Work in partnership with Operations Support to define communications to those engaging with our Special Issue program
- Act as the main point of contact for questions, queries, etc. in regards to assessment and processing from both internal and external colleagues (Editorial and Publishing Operations team, Editorial Boards, Chief Editors, etc.)
Nurturing and development
- Provide guidance, advice, and support to Guest Editorial teams on how to improve their proposal and call for paper wording and structure
- Liaise with Guest Editorial teams, Journal Editorial Boards, and wider Hindawi teams to ensure the development of the most relevant and high-potential Special Issues
Promotion and engagement
- Work with Content Development Marketing Managers to develop ways to best promote published Special Issues
- Help devise new ways to increase awareness and engagement of Special Issues
Leadership and strategy
- Manage a team of Content Development Specialists and support them in running the Special Issues pipeline and the development of new content development vehicles
- In conjunction with the Head of Content Development and Head of Researcher Marketing, play a key role in the development of the overall Content Development strategy
- Lead on the implementation of the annual Content Development strategy
A suitable candidate will ideally have:
- 2-3 years experience in the scholarly publishing industry
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail
- A positive and proactive approach to problem-solving in daily tasks
- Able to work cooperatively with colleagues at all levels
- A high level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of peer review and the publishing process
- An interest in Open Science and the wider publishing and research landscape
To apply for the position, please send your CV and cover letter, including salary expectations, notice period, and your motivation for working with us to email@example.com. Applications will be considered on a continuous basis, so early applications are encouraged.